In the following example, we will create a Smart Group to view Complex time. The same principles apply for whatever time you are trying to view.
It is important that the Aircraft first be configured properly for the Smart Group to work. Please see Overview of Aircraft Tab for Mac for more information on setting up Aircraft. Pay particular attention to Aircraft Attributes.
The Complex Smart Group is also available for download in the Complex, High Performance, and Tailwheel Time downloadable Smart Group article.
Follow these steps to create the Smart Group:
1. Click the + button on the bottom-left corner of the Logbook tab and choose "New Smart Group"
2. Type in the desired name for the Smart Group (in this case "Complex").
The information in the date range is left blank to encompass all entries. You could put in information here if you would like to see how much complex time you had in the last year, for example.
3. Choose "Aircraft" in the first criteria drop-down menu.
4. Choose "Complex" in the second criteria drop-down menu.
5. Choose "Is" in the third criteria drop-down menu (it will be the only option).
6. Check the box for the criteria.
7. Choose "Total Time" in the Show results as field.
This criteria is telling the Smart Group to look for entries with Aircraft which have the Complex box checked, and to display the results as Total Time.
The resulting group will appear in the left side-bar on the Logbook tab. The time next to the Complex Smart Group is the Total Time in all of these Aircraft:
Additional assistance with this or any other LogTen Pro issue is available here or by contacting support in the app by going to Help > Contact Support.