The People tab is where all of the people used in the logbook are managed and edited. The People database includes any name you enter into the Crew section of LogTen Pro such as PIC/P1, SIC/P2, Instructor, Student, Passenger, Examiner, etc.
Adding a New Person
Besides adding a person from entering them in the logbook Crew section, you can also manually add a new person. Click on the People tab, and then click the + in the lower left-hand corner.
Fill out the information that is applicable to that person.
- Drop Image Here = Drag and drop an image to add an image of the person.
- Name = Write the name of the person.
- ID = Write the person's ID, if desired. This could be an employee ID, a CFI certificate number, etc. The preferred identifier for People can be changed in LogTen Pro > Preferences > General.
- Organization = Type the organization the person is associated with if desired.
- Email = Type the email of the person, if desired.
- Phone = Type the phone number of the person if desired.
- Type = Indicate the type of certificate or capacity.
- Favorite = Turn this on to bring this person to the top of the list in the People tab.
- Default PIC = Turn this on to have this person automatically filled out in the PIC/P1 Crew field.
- Default SIC = Turn this on to have this person automatically filled out in the SIC/P2 Crew field.
- This is Me = Turn this on if this person is you. This will place this name on the cover page of many reports.
- Comment = Add any comments here, if desired.
You can quickly share the People data with yourself or another LogTen Pro user by right-clicking on the aircraft and choosing the desired sharing method. Please see Share Flights, Aircraft, People, Groups, and more... for more information on sharing people.
Merge Duplicate Items
Duplicate items can occur in the Places tab, but they can easily be merged with the original item without losing any of the flight data associated with them. Please see Merge Duplicate Items for more information.
Entries and Certificates List
As logbook entries are made using the person, these will be displayed on the right side of the window when the person is selected and the small airplane icon is clicked. Certificates associated with the person can be quickly seen by clicking the certificate icon.
Search and Summary
You can search for a person by Name, ID, Organization, etc. using the Search bar on the bottom of the window. When a person is selected, and a summary of hours and flights is also displayed.
Additional assistance with this or any other LogTen Pro issue is available here or by contacting support in the app by going to Help > Contact Support.