Are you operating LogTen Pro version 7.0 or later on all your devices?
- If not, you will need to upgrade so that all devices are running at least version 7.0 or later. Version 7.0 was released in late 2014. LogTen Pro version 7.0 and later cannot sync with older versions due to differences in the data structure.
- On the iOS apps go to More->Settings->Sync and ensure that WiFi is enabled. On the Mac go to the LogTen Pro menu->Sync and ensure that WiFi sync is enabled.
The app must be open and running (not asleep) on all devices.
- It is not uncommon for mobile devices to drop the home network signal and join the cellular network or join a nearby network without you knowing. On your Mac, click on the WiFi signal in the upper left to check which network you are connected to. On the iOS devices go to Settings->General->Network. Please ensure that you have a WiFi signal in the upper right of your iOS device, even if you are connected to a network, your device will not sync unless you see the WiFi signal.
- Hotel networks block certain ports used by LogTen Pro for syncing which will not allow you to sync. If this is the case, it is possible to create your own private network for syncing if you have a Mac computer. Please see How to Create a Computer-To-Computer Network section at the bottom of this article
Is your device not showing up under "Devices" on the left-hand column of LogTen Pro OR on the iPad under the "Sync" menu?
Updates to iOS and OS X, or re-installing LogTen Pro can sometimes prevent WiFi Sync from starting correctly. A hard reset of your devices will usually fix this:
On Mac, go to the Apple menu and select Restart.
On an iPhone or iPad, hold down both the Power and the Home button until the device turns off and the Apple screen appears, and the device will restart.
If your iOS device isn't showing up under the devices tab on the Mac try right-clicking on DEVICES and select "Refresh." Next open and close LogTen Pro on your iOS device and then try refreshing again back on your Mac. If the device is still not showing up, turn off Bluetooth and switch Airplane Mode on and then off. Then back on your computer try to refresh again.
- The iPad is known to be stubborn when it comes to showing itself as available from within LogTen Pro, even if it shows as being on the correct network it sometimes will not show as available to sync from within LogTen Pro. This technique will sometimes force LogTen Pro to show as available. Go into the Settings page of your device and turn Airplane Mode to ON.
Then turn On WiFi and ensure your device joins the desired network.
- Continue with trying the sync process by opening LogTen Pro on both devices.
What else can I try?
- On your Mac: right-click your iOS device, "un-pair" it, then pair it again and try syncing.
- Reset your home router
- Turn BlueTooth OFF on your device
- Temporarily turn Cellular Data OFF to ensure your device is joining a WiFi network (available from the Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data > slide OFF)
- Force close the LogTen Pro app on your mobile devices. Then try again.
- Create a private network computer-to-computer network - you do do not need to be running LogTen Pro on your Mac, you just need a Mac to set up the network (see below)
How to create a Computer to Computer Network
If you're trying to sync on a hotel or airport wireless network, it's possible they are blocking the ports that LogTen requires for syncing. If this is the case, you can create a private network between your Mac and iPhone and see if this resolves the issue. To do this choose "Create Network" from the Wi-Fi menu on your Mac (located in the menubar at the top right of your screen near the clock).
Create the network, noting the name of the new network.
Connect your iPhone/iPad to this network from the Settings->Wi-Fi screen of your mobile device.
Ensure that your device has joined the network and that you are seeing a Wi-Fi symbol in the upper left. If you are having difficulty getting your device to join the network try turning the Cellular Data option to OFF from the Settings > Cellular menu.
Close LogTen Pro on both your Mac and iPhone/iPad, relaunch and you should see your mobile device listed and available for syncing.
If you continue to have difficulty send us a support request and we'll be happy to assist you!