LogTen Pro uses Reports to display many different types of data in a printable format. There are more than 100 professional logbook report templates included in LogTen Pro based on official logbook formats.
The Reports tab is divided into three sections.
The Overview section has reports that show a "big picture" of relevant data.
- Experience = display data relevant to applications for certification, job websites, and resume creation.
- Summaries = displays times and other data, based on a variety of constants such as place or time period.
- Duties & Limits = displays data relevant to duty time regulation compliance for several regulatory authorities.
- Graphs = graphically display flights and times based on many different criteria.
The Logbooks section has reports which resemble traditional paper logbooks in a variety of formats based on geographical location.
- General = contains a generic logbook that contains data columns useful in many regions. This is also where Dynamic Reports are found. For more information on Dynamic Reports, please see Dynamic Reports.
- USA, Europe, China, etc = this title will change based on which region is chosen. Here traditional paper logbook formats are found. LogTen Pro contains 17 different regions with reports specific to that area.
Changing Logbooks Region
In order to view logbook reports available for your region, you may need to change the Logbooks region. Tap Change Region, and choose the option that best matches your area of the world.
The More section contains additional reports that can be used to recreate the endorsement sections at the back of traditional logbooks, export data in a variety of formats, access custom reports built by you, or the LogTen Pro Customer Support Jedi team, and more.
- Certificates = any certificates within LogTen Pro's Certificates tab can be reported and printed here. Please see: Explanation of the Certificates Tab on iPhone + iPad for more information on the Certificates tab.
- Exporters = a variety of exporters are provided to maximize the portability and flexibility of your logbook data. For more information see our separate article about Exporters here.
- My Reports = Custom reports which are created or downloaded will be viewable here. See How to Create a Custom Report using the Mac version of LogTen Pro. Note: This folder will only display if you have a custom report. If the folder is empty this will not appear
Generating a Report
The report creation process is basically the same no matter what type of report is being made. In this example, we will be creating a Jeppesen Pro Pilot Log 27. Tap on the desired report, then tap Configure Report....
An Options window for configuring your report will appear.
- Entry Type = This will filter the data the report generates based on the Entry Type field selected in the Logbook tab of each entry.
- Filter Group = This will use the Radar - Analyze tab to filter the data the report generates. You can select the Last 6 Months, Last 12 Months, etc groups or you can select any Smart, Currency, or Limit group you have in your Radar tab.
- Custom Date Range = This will filter the report start and end dates. Toggle this ON to display Start Date & End Date fields. You can also choose one of the preset time periods (This Month, This Year, etc.).
Tap Generate in the upper-right corner when you are ready to run the report.
If you want to Print or Save your report see this article: Printing & Saving Reports
Additional assistance with this or any other LogTen Pro issue is available here or by contacting support in the app by going to More > Help > Contact Support.