Working alongside the individual entries in your logbook, Trips can be used to group a collection of entries or record a separate event not related to your flying or duty. Create a trip entry for your time away from base to record per diem and total pay, or record expenses on a business trip.
Creating a New Trip
To create a new trip, select the entries you would like to include in the Trip from the Logbook tab. To highlight a block of flights, select the first flight, hold the Shift key down, and select the last flight. Right-click(Control+Click) the highlighted entries and select Create Trip Containing Selected Entries.
You can also create a trip by going to the Trips tab and clicking the + in the bottom-left corner. Then, fill in the Start and End fields with dates and times that will encompass all the desired trip entries. The entries will populate in a list to the right.
Fill out the additional fields as applicable.
- Type = choose a trip type from the drop-down list. You can also type in your own custom trip type.
- ID = This field can be used if there is a number or other ID associated with the trip.
- Name = Fill in a passenger, crew, or trip name.
- From / To = Fill in the departure point and final destination of the trip. The timezone associated with the location will be displayed to the right.
- Notes = This field can be used to write any applicable notes.
- Drop Image Here = You can drag and drop an image associated with the trip below the notes field.
Earnings and Expenses
- Hourly Rate = This will be multiplied by the total duration of the trip as determined by the Start and End times. In the example below, an Hourly Rate (per diem) of $2.35 was inputted to be calculated over the duration of a multi-day trip lasting 2 Days 12 hours. Note: If you are paid a day rate, use the value of the day rate divided by 24
- Include flight pay = Check this to have the Total Earnings field from each entry in the Logbook tab added to the Total Earnings here in the Trips tab.
- Net Earnings = Total Earnings minus Expenses.
Expenses can be added to the trip by selecting the + symbol in the lower-right corner of the Expenses section. Fill in as many of the fields as desired in the expense line.
The Amount inputted in the expense line will be deducted from the Total Earnings and the result will be displayed in Net Earnings.
- Custom checkboxes = above Expenses are 10 custom checkboxes that can be used for anything you may want. The titles can be edited by clicking on the text.
Summaries and Search
At the bottom of the screen, you will see a quick summary of the amount of time and flights on the selected trip or trips. To the right of that is a Search Field that can be used to quickly locate a trip.
Certain reports in LogTen Pro are designed to use the data from the Trips tab
- Expense report (Found in Reports > Summaries)*
- Trips report (Found in Reports > Summaries)
- Jeppesen Pro Trip Log 27 report (Found in Reports > Logbooks > USA)
* the Expense report only uses the data from the Trips tab Expenses field. It does not include the Expenses field found in the Notes section of the Logbook
You can share the Trip with other LogTen Pro users by right-clicking on the Type and choosing which delivery method you would like to use.
Additional assistance with this or any other LogTen Pro issue is available here or by contacting support in the app by going to Help > Contact Support.