Airmen, medical, and other types of certificates and endorsements can be logged and tracked in LogTen Pro's Certificates tab.
Certificates Tab on iPad + iPhone
To create a new certificate on iPad + iPhone, go to More > Certificates and tap the + in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Tap on Type to choose the type of certificate, and then tap Back. Please see the Knowledge Base article on Endorsements for more information on Endorsement.
Tap on Description to write the name of the certificate.
Tap on Date and choose the date on which the certificate was issued.
Other optional information includes:
- Expires Turn this on if the certificate expires. You will then be able to choose an Expiry Date. Once chosen, the Days Left field will show days until expiration. This will also be tracked in the Plan section of the Radar tab.
- Details Write any additional details about the certificate. For most types of certificates, this field will be blank and you can write any details about that certificate. If the type is Endorsement, you will be able to choose from over 70 pre-loaded endorsements.
- Limitations Write any additional limitations on the certificate.
- Pilot Choose the pilot associated with the certificate (must have been previously added via the People tab).
- Endorsed By If endorsed by an instructor, choose them for this field (must have been previously added via the People tab).
- Aircraft Type Choose the aircraft type associated with the certificate, if applicable.
- You can add a photo of the certificate by tapping the camera icon towards the top of the screen.
Any type of certificate can be added. These could include:
- Airman Certificates
- Medical Certificates
- Type Ratings
- Endorsements (such as high performance, tailwheel, or endorsements for solo and flight and knowledge exams).
As you would safeguard a paper logbook, be sure to regularly backup your logbook file.